Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Switching Gears....

So, now that it's been over a month since my last post--yikes--hopefully I can now make it into a daily routine!

As part of the classes I'm taking here in Barcelona, each student was asked to pick a topic about the city to follow and analyze. The focus of the studio we take here is urban design and a lot about how the open spaces between the buildings is designed. Therefore, the topic I chose to look in to is the way that the urban spaces are used.


In Barcelona, there are many spaces whos functions change by the time of day. In the morning, a space could be empty; in the afternoon, it may be filled with sunlight and street performers; by the evening, it could either of theses two scenarios, or even something completely different. Each urban space in the city has a mysterious function that is forever changing.
From here on out, this topic will be the main focus of my blog; although, there will still be comments about interesting daily occurences!!

2 comments:

Adrienne Jenkins said...

Lauren....

Great start. Keep it up. Perfect, the 1 image and comment. I like your observation about the empty & full spaces. So very true about Barcelona. Am curious to see what you write about next.
Remind me when I see you next to tell you about the "Ice Bar". Visiting this area would also give you guys a chance to look at the post-olympic Port Vell/Barcelonata and how the area is affected in off-season non beach weather.

Grandmom said...

I think it is great what you have been doing and seeing. You have certainly gotten ahead of me. Grandmom72